How Are We Staying Green?
- We promote the use of reusable bags, personal water bottles, and travel mugs in our dining centers and retail markets.
- We make it our priority to purchase local produce when available, and also to purchase other local and organic food items when our standards are met.
- We offer a healthy variety of entrees plus vegetarian and vegan options at every meal.
- Many of our special events, such as Global Jam and Snack Bites, feature our “zero waste” campaign.
- We use EnergyStar-rated equipment, eco-friendly cleaning supplies, and have recently conducted energy/water conservation audits in all of our dining operations.
- We continually conduct staff training and customer outreach to increase participation in our sustainability efforts.
- In 2008-09, CU Conference Services and Housing & Dining Services composted 201 tons of food waste, collected 2,236 gallons of used cooking oil to make biodiesel, and recycled over 150 tons of cardboard, glass, and plastic.
How Can You Stay Green?
- Take advantage of our fair-trade, organic, and vegetarian/vegan options available throughout our dining centers and on-campus retail locations.
- Bring your own travel mug or water bottle for your beverages in our dining centers, grab-n-go’s, and anywhere else you go.
- Make sure to recycle your cardboard, paper, aluminum, glass, and plastic into the appropriate receptacles.
- When serving yourself in our dining centers, take only what you can eat. Help us promote our “zero waste” campaign!